The Move Process
Reasonable Movers provides every client with a user friendly account where they can manage their move process.
Use these steps to help optimize your relocation experience.
Plan your move
This checklist will help prepare you for your move. Please feel free to contact your local Reasonable Movers location or other moving company in your area with any questions.
A month before moving
- Schedule a moving date and walkthrough with your local moving company. Reasonable Movers also provides packing services
- Contact Reasonable Movers to purchase boxes and necessary packing
supplies, we offer free delivery for your convenience.
- Start to clean out closets, the garage, attic and basement.
- Host a garage sale or donate your unwanted things to charity.
- Arrange a transfer school records.
- Get change of address cards from your local post office, nd forward your mail.
- Notify magazines, charge accounts, insurance companies, clubs and all other organizations of your change of address.
- If possible, get owner’s manuals for appliances in your new home.
One to Two Weeks Before Moving
- Put together a “care package” of things you will need for the final clean-up and include a snack for the last day.
- If you decide to pack yourself, label all the boxes as you pack. Write the destination room on the top and sides of
each box to ensure it gets to the right place in your new home.
- Schedule disconnects for gas, electric, water and the telephone. Don’t disconnect the phone until after your move.
Arrange for refunds that are due and schedule connections for your new home.
- Cancel newspapers, cable TV, and security, pest control, cleaning help, lawn maintenance and any other services you
The Week of Moving
- Mail in your change of address forms.
- Clean the stove.
The Day Before Moving
- Clean the refrigerator, then defrost and dry.
- Get enough cash to tide you over.
- Say goodbye to your friends and move… STRESS FREE